Saturday, April 25, 2009

Oh Sleep. Such a strange thing.

I slapped myself across the face this morning. Really. Left hand to the left side of my face. Full contact. It was so weird. I was partially awake, because I remember hitting myself, but I have no idea why I did it. And I started laughing way hard. I totally forgot about it until I read Tami's blog on night terrors.

Also, I said the S-H word yesterday. LOUDLY. I was in the Wal-Mart parking lot... and I was backing out of my parking spot, being realllly careful about the front end of the truck, and backed right into the tail end of some old lady's pontiac that was parked behind me in the handicap parking row. And she was IN her car. I felt soooooo bad! She was all jittery but she was so nice when I gave her my information. I crunched one of her tail lights and put a scratch on Dad's bumper. If ever there were anything that could send you straight to Hell, I'm pretty sure saying a curse word in conjunction with scaring the shidoobies out of a poor sweet old lady would be pretty high up on the list.

I just wasn't concentrating. I've just been so tired lately. And hungry! I promise I really do like eating. But as much as I try to muscle through it, I am a wimp, and my body has conditioned itself to resist anything I try to ingest. I blame the crash on both myself and the general confusion that comes with starvation induced exhaustion.

I mean honestly, who slaps themself across the face? Sure it was in my sleep, but just don't be surprised if I start to go loony in the waking hours.

It really is a miracle that I made it through finals. I've been extraordinarily blessed. I wrote TWO research papers after going THREE days on nothing but a few pieces of pineapple, a half a bagel, and a half salad from the Cougar-Eat. No joke. Heavenly Father has been really good to me this semester. I'm just thankful a broken tail light has been the only casualty thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment