Friday, April 9, 2010

And runnin runnin and RUNnin RUNin and RUNIN RUNIN and RUNNNNIN RUNNNIN!

Picture the title of this post as the intro to "Lets Get It Started" by the Black Eyed Peas.


Three days ago, I voluntarily went running for the first time in my whooooole life. I only made it a few blocks before stopping to walk. But then I started again. So quit judgin.


I have the endurance of a morbidly obese individual with emphysema.


I have never had high endurance, ever. Even when I was a spry little spring chicken in the 8th grade.. my fastest timed mile "run" ever took 9 minutes. I just have a small shriveled grinch heart that resists exertion at all costs.





That is going to change because I want to be healthy. And. I got me some spiffy new running shoes. They feel like heaven on my feet. And they are sassy looking. Seriously. They make running so much less tortuous. And they are shiny silver, and white, and orange, and hot pink. They are much cooler looking in real life, but here is a glimpse:




I also went running again before work on Friday. My little heart already feels like it has grown a size or two.


Faaa Rooo doh Ray mmeeee haaaa moooo haaaaa.
Wish me luck in running my butt off. Because seriously. My butt needs to vacate the premises. It's out of control.

1 comment:

  1. Kristin, congratulations on writing one of your best posts ever. Keep running!

    ReplyDelete