Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Flu shot Shmoo shot. (So many parentheses)


I got a flu shot. And I liked it.

MOSTLY because I got to exchange seasonal vaccination pleasantries with my favorite pharmacy tech at Walgreens. His name is Mark. And he is dreaammmmmyyy. But lets start at the beginning

...

I'm in line at the pharmacy... and I notice that Dreamboat Cutie-McCuterson happens to be working. I pretty much always notice when he is working. I pretty much always hope he is working. I think he has only ever helped me with a prescription one time.. a couple months ago... (and he probably thinks I am a scarlet woman because I may or may not have been filling my birth control) but even if he isn't the one helping me... he is always dreamy. And he always smiles at me.

Anyway. By some wonderful stroke of luck, he was the next available tech and I just happened to need a flu shot. Our conversation went like this:

DCMC (Dreamboat Cutie-McCuterson): Hi can I help you?

Me: Ya. Are you still offering flu shots? (Said in the most pleasant and charming way possible, seeing as how we were talking about someone stabbing me with a small piece of tubular metal and forcing germs into my body.)

DCMC: Yep.If you just want to go take a seat I'll bring out some paperwork and we'll get you all set up. (Dreamy smile).

Me: Thanks. (With a smile).

DCMC: Alright go ahead and fill out the first 9 questions and then sign and date the bottom. (But he was probably wanting to say "you are the most beautiful virus-prone girl I have ever seen. Fill this out. And then I'd like to date you."

Me: Thanks. (smile again.)
...
I turn in my paper work, and tell him I had to get a tetanus shot a few weeks earlier and wondered if it would still be okay.
...
DCMC: I'll ask the pharmacist. But you should be fine.
...
Waiting.
...
DCMC: Booth? (What he really wanted to say was "Ms. Booth, you have a beautiful name. Could you come over to the counter please?")

Me: Ya?

DCMC: I've got some bad news. We're all out of syringes.

Me: Nooooo! (Seriously. I said that.)

DMCC: So you can either head to the Walgreens in south Orem, and they can take care of your shot, or you can come back at 2:00 when we get a new batch.

Me: Just use an old one. (No laughs had. Tough crowd, tough crowd).

Pharmacist Man: Oh... there's some new syringes right here! Only two left.

DCMC: Just for you.

Me: Wonderful.

DCMC: Alright go ahead and take a seat and the pharmacist will bring you back when he's ready. (Dreamy smile.)

And that was the end of the conversation. It's quite obvious that he is in love with me.

Also... the flu shot didn't even hurt. And I didn't even barf or cry! (Okay I turned into a limp naseous noodle for a minute and wanted to hurl, but I didn't. )

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the tough crowd. I just wanted you to know that I laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah I am so proud of you. Although if you would have barfed or cried! And I laughed way hard too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Just use an old one" NO LAUGHS? You've got to be kidding me. I rotflol-ed (ok, not really, but lol I did.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even get around to reading your post, but I just wanted to applaud you for the neat, new background and blog layout. Looks nifty-good! Where'd you find it?

    ReplyDelete