Sunday, January 4, 2009

Iron Man, Pepper Potts and the Luscious Mr. Howard

I have loved Robert Downey Jr ever since the days of "Heart and Souls".... which for some reason was like, the only movie my family ever rented during the 90s. That is to say, we rented it probably 50 times. Why we didn't buy it I haven't the slightest idea.
Anyway. My love for him runs deep. So imagine how thrilled I was when Iron Man came out... and there was my golden boy off the drugs and dashing as ever! I don't know why, but I never went and saw Iron Man. It's not that I didn't want to, it just never happened. I'm not much of a movie fanatic, and I don't just go out and see every movie that comes out. I decided I would watch it some day, but I never made good on that promise to Mr. Downey (Jr? it feels wrong to leave that off of his last name) until a couple days ago. What finally sparked my interest enough to watch it? I'll tell you what. Someone told me that Pepper Potts and I were uncannily alike. I hadn't the slightest clue what he was talking about. Pepper wha? To make matters worse, I couldn't decipher her character from the meager clips and montages of Pepper and Tony on Youtube.
So I gave in and watched the whole movie. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I'm not sure where the whole Kristin = Pepper Potts thing comes into play, but I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with the fact that she can be sassy at times and is not at all shy about admitting to her love interest that she forgot to wear deodorant. I'm fine with the comparison. And she has an excellent high-heel collection. Oh and she is played by Gwyneth Paltrow. I ain't gonna fight with that.
I'm really excited for Iron Man 2... but I must admit I am not at all pleased that they are replacing Terrence Howard as Jim Rhodes with Don Cheadle. Come on, don't do that to me. Terrence vs. Don, really? And Don won? I love Terrence Howard.
He is a BABE. For shame Marvel Pictures, for shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment