Thursday, March 18, 2010

Quote of the Day

A young mother came into our office the other day with her 3 or 4 year old son and asked if they could use our bathroom. We showed her the way and she walked back to the bathroom right as I was clocking out for the day. When I walked into the bathroom to change from my skirt into some jeans, her son was in a stall while she waited by the sinks.

He was making small talk with his mom through the crack in the stall door when all of a sudden he paused and matter of factly proclaimed:

"Mom, its okay when I get poop under my finger nails."

No inflection or questioning. His mom looked at me embarrassed and I tried to reassure her by suggesting: "At least he isn't one of those kids that cries when that happens...."

To which the little tot replied: "Why would I cry?"

Thank you, little man. And uh, please wash your hands.

1 comment:

  1. I hate when the public uses our bathrooms. Especially when they are cranky ladies with canes that ask me to leave the large bathroom after I entered it so they can use the facility.

    ReplyDelete