Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I don't think it's funny.

So, Every other morning or so when I'm walking down the long path to the "employees only" door at work, there is a BYU grounds crew guy mowing the lawn with the wooly mammoth of all lawn mowers. It's huge, and it freaks me out. Also, why are lawn mowers always painted el diablo red? They look menacing and also like they are trying to eat me. The grass cutters fold down like wings of destruction. Shudder.




Anyway. Usually this grounds crew guy just cuts diagonal lines through the field surrounding the sidewalk, having to cut across it every now and then. This is a little bit scary for me, but whatever. I can see where he is coming from and where he is going, so I stifle my horror and maintain my composure.

WELL TODAY he decided to swing around me as I walked by, and drive directly behind me all the way to my office door. I panicked. My little heart started beating super fast. I could see his reflection in the glass doors coming up closer and closer behind me. The last 10 yards I seriously had to restrain myself from breaking into a sprint in my high heels. He is a mean mean lawnmower man. I don't know if he was trying to be funny, but it WAS NOT. I was so disturbed that I didn't even look behind me while he was chasing me.

DARN YOU LAWNMOWER MAN!

3 comments: