Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oh Discovery.

Reason 1230984509834098230 Why I love the Discovery Channel:


"Making the Cut"


A documentary on 60-day Army Ranger school.



I seriously marvel at both the psychological and physical endurance it takes to keep from weeping like a wimpy baby while going through the hell that is ranger school. About 100 recruits quit within the first 3 days. The soldiers are sleep deprived and food deprived on purpose. As in... one meal every couple days, 3 hours of sleep every two days. Army Rangers are an elite group. Only the best of the best are even sent to ranger school to begin with. Over the course of 61 days, most of them will lose 30 to 40 pounds. And how hard is it for them to stay awake, let alone do something strenuous? One soldier told the camera one of the tricks of the trade to stay alert:



"Some of these guys put tabasco sauce in their eyes. I haven't tried that yet."

WTFreak?

.....

One time, in highschool, I cussed aloud and then started crying because I dropped a powdered donut on the ground, and I was REALLY hungry. Ranger school is not for me.

1 comment:

  1. Craig wants to go to Ranger school. Did I ever tell you his workout philosophy? "If you don't throw up at the end, you didn't run hard enough". Mostly that's just for show, but he's out of his mind.

    ReplyDelete