Friday, January 28, 2011

Victory's Within the Mile

Today marks a special victory for me, as I sit here typing this in all my sweaty glory.

Did I finish the 30 day shred?

Psh. No. I actually need to start that over. Anyway. Back to my victory.

Am I the same size I was when I graduated high school?

Nope. Right now I'm actually 2 dress sizes curvier than that. But thanks for asking.

Did I win the lottery?

Nope.
Enough of this. What is this victory, you ask?

Today I ran a mile. And I did it in a little over 8 minutes. Give or take a half a block, and adding in the times I had to jog in place to wait to cross the street. No stopping. No walking. Just running.  I am officially in better cardiovascular shape than I have ever been in my entire life. V-I-C-T-O-R-Y. I beat my previous best mile time ever by almost a minute. And that time was from the 8th grade. And I definitely stopped to walk at least three times during that run.

1 mile. 8 minutes. No stopping.

Booyah.

A special Thanks to:
  •  Jillian Michaels, for building my endurance and *almost* making me cry during work outs.
  • Jay-Z and Rihanna (But not Kanye West) For performing the song "Run this Town" on my Ipod over and over. (Kanye's verse is vulgar. I start the song over when he starts singing.)
  • The sun, for not setting until I was safely home
  • My wonderful shoes and socks
  • Papa Booth, from whom I have inherited the dreaded sweaty-back syndrome
Now that I've run a mile without stopping... I feel like I can actually start truthfully telling people that I 'go running'. And that makes me feel fancy.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you sis! I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweaty back syndrome.... I think my Dad gave me sweaty head syndrome. I wonder if Uncle Ed has sweaty-leg syndrome... Maybe they make up an entire person in their sweating habits. Good job! That is SUCH a satisfying feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you ARE fancy!!!!!!

    hahahha maren, glad youre cursed with booth sweat as well.

    ReplyDelete