Did I finish the 30 day shred?
Psh. No. I actually need to start that over. Anyway. Back to my victory.
Am I the same size I was when I graduated high school?
Nope. Right now I'm actually 2 dress sizes curvier than that. But thanks for asking.
Did I win the lottery?
Enough of this. What is this victory, you ask?
Today I ran a mile. And I did it in a little over 8 minutes. Give or take a half a block, and adding in the times I had to jog in place to wait to cross the street. No stopping. No walking. Just running. I am officially in better cardiovascular shape than I have ever been in my entire life. V-I-C-T-O-R-Y. I beat my previous best mile time ever by almost a minute. And that time was from the 8th grade. And I definitely stopped to walk at least three times during that run.
1 mile. 8 minutes. No stopping.
A special Thanks to:
- Jillian Michaels, for building my endurance and *almost* making me cry during work outs.
- Jay-Z and Rihanna (But not Kanye West) For performing the song "Run this Town" on my Ipod over and over. (Kanye's verse is vulgar. I start the song over when he starts singing.)
- The sun, for not setting until I was safely home
- My wonderful shoes and socks
- Papa Booth, from whom I have inherited the dreaded sweaty-back syndrome