Monday, August 22, 2011

Open Letters.

I have a new obsession. There is this website called "McSweeney's Open Letters" ... Okay it's called something else but it's long and I didn't want to type it. Anyhow. This portion of the website publishes weekly "open letters" from readers/contributors who are extremely articulate and often times extremely bitter. The letters are long, but boy are they worth reading. I almost copied and posted the entire letter from last Friday onto this blog, not because I am a copy catter, but because I wanted to share my joy with you. I'll spare you the wordiness, but I will post my favorite quote from Friday's letter instead. This letter was written as an "open letter to TV snobs," as in... people who think they are better than you because they only watch educational TV or don't own a TV at all.

So to the TV snobs:
"You should probably confine your social activity to sitting in the drawing room with your like-minded friends, drinking sherry and saying things like “tut tut, old chap.” Because the rest of us don’t want to explain to you what extreme wrestling is while you sneer like someone just farted on your ascot."



OH. MY. GOODNESS.

I could not have said it better myself. Thank you, passiveaggresivenotes.com, for introducing me to McSweeney's Open Letters.

I shall never be the same.

Also.

I have read nearly all of them.

Go on. Read the whole thing: http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/an-open-letter-to-tv-snobs


1 comment: