Sunday, March 23, 2008

Parking Frenzy




Provo parking sucks.

I'd rather drive off a cliff,

than search for parking.



I just wrote this beautiful Haiku to describe my feelings about Provo parking laws. As of a couple months ago, parking on the street in provo is strictly prohibited without a parking permit from the city within certain boundaries. Luckily, most of my neighborhood has unrestricted street parking. Unluckily, my complex only has 20 parking spaces and houses 160 people. So the street is BEYOND crowded. I circled for about 20 minutes waiting for someone to leave. Everyone circles in their cars like vultures around an abandon carcass, like sharks in a feeding frenzy. One could even compare it to feeding time on monkey island. As soon as someone did leave... a big red truck zoomed in and took my spot. It should have been mine. I sat there, enduring the awkward goodbye-at-the-car scene of a fellow ward member and his girlfriend for like 10 minutes. That spot should have been mine, and it was torn right out of my grasp. Curse that red truck. SO. I just surrendered and parked illegally about a block away. I'm burning mad. I hate provo parking with the white hot fire of a thousand suns.


1 comment:

  1. You, my friend, are a poet. Oh and Penelope is soo good huh, I'm in love with it. And George has oodles and oodles of hair, I just buzz it otherwise he would look like Georgina, and not George.

    ReplyDelete